The years have gone by, the miles have added up, and it’s time for you to start thinking about buying your next vehicle. Before you think about going in to look at any cars, you’re going to have to make some big decisions. One of those decisions is whether to buy a new car or a used car.
Both new and used cars offer their own advantages and disadvantages, but a lot of people have trouble picking which one they want. This is why you should do some preliminary research.
Pros of buying new
- New cars offer the luxury of having had no previous owners. This means everything inside is clean, new, and fresh from the manufacturer.
- You also don’t have to worry about any previous accidents or damage with new cars.
Cons of buying new
- The price tag. New cars cost a lot and most people need to make serious changes in their budget to afford one.
- Higher insurance rates. Coverage for new cars typically costs more than for used cars.
Pros of buying used
- Lower price for almost the same vehicle. Cars lose so much value within the first year. You can find pre owned cars that are only a couple of years old that will cost much less than a brand new car.
- Many used cars are still under the original manufacturer’s warrantee. This means you’ll get the professional service that comes with it.
- Many pre-owned car dealers offer certifications on their vehicles. These show that the cars have met certain standards for performance and safety.
Cons of buying used
- Your car may be subject to more maintenance visits than a new vehicle.
- No new car smell.
Used seems to win this battle. Here at My Carman, we’ve got a fabulous inventory of used cars. We carry the finest pre-owned luxury cars, including used BMWs and Lexus’. So if you’re looking for used luxury cars or used standard cars, we’ve got the perfect car for you.